Site supervisor for Principal and superintendent Program Information and Training Link
ROLE OF THE SITE SUPERVISOR
The Site Supervisor provides on-site program support and assistance to the principal/superintendent candidate to ensure they are on track to meet their practicum requirements.
- Comply with the Educator Code of Ethics.
Responsibility to the Program:
- Complete the Site Supervisor Training. The link will be provided to you via email.
- Complete the Site Supervisor Training Acknowledgement form. This is where you will upload your Certificate of Completion for the Site Supervisor Training.
- Provide input to the University Field Supervisor regarding the candidate’s potential for success to include an assessment at the end of the practicum covering the SBEC competencies and skills.
- Make a final recommendation to the Program regarding the student’s standard certification eligibility.
Responsibility to the Candidate:
- Read the site supervisor handbook.
- Meet with the field supervisor and the candidate to go over the Site Supervisor Handbook and the practicum syllabus.
- Serve as a role model for the candidate.
- Allow the candidate to learn the competencies successful administrators need through shadowing, practice, observations, conversations, and reflections.
- Open doors and provide access to opportunities that will stretch the candidate’s capabilities and make the practicum a valuable learning experience.
- Serve as the mentor and coach.
- Candidates usually are highly motivated, but your valuable experiences and insights as an administrator will do much to facilitate and develop potential in the candidate.
- Assist and collaborate with the candidate in completing and documenting required activities, including those through the CEHD Data Portal and/or TK20 (whichever is applicable).
- Maintain communication with the student and assist with problems/issues as they arise.