- First, create a position description and post the job. To do so you will need to have access to TAMUJobs as a supervisor/manager. Contact your departmental administrative office or Jeanette Phillips to gain access.
- Second, have the position put on hold. You will also need to gather a group of qualified individuals to serve on a hiring committee. Each member of the committee will review applicants based on your requirements. The committee will then select the top applicants to interview.
- Check the desired candidates references and complete the process with an offer letter.
- Finally, contact your departmental administrative office to update the status of the position.
Faculty hiring is a coordinated effort between the department and Dean’s office staff. Contact the Assistant to the Department Head for specific guidelines within your department.
Faculty-equivalent positions need a Research Personnel Action (RPA) Form with one of these titles:
- Assistant Research Scientist
- Associate Research Scientist
- Research Scientist
- Postdoctoral Research Associate
Post non-faculty equivalent positions as a Notice of Vacancy (NOV) with Human Resources.
After receiving a hiring certificate, fill out the Research Personnel Action (RPA) Form. Include a Resume/CV with the form.