Submit A Proposal
Please send your proposal opportunity (attached files and/or links) to Jesús Palomo.
Your Pre-Award Representative will review and confirm eligibility, TAMU’s eligibility, and the proposal deadline.
As soon as possible, please fill out the Pre-Proposal Submission Form.
Find a Funding Source
Provides researcher profiles and funding opportunities.
- Pre-populated profiles of public literature databases, university websites, and online CVs.
- Find potential collaborators with the desired expertise.
An enterprise-wide system that supports researchers and research administration.
- Provide researchers with timely and accurate information. Manage research activities and establish collaborations.
- Publish research key performance indicators for all TAMUS institutions and Board of Regents.
- Streamline research administration processes to cut inefficiencies and improve turnaround time
Undergraduate Student Research Initiative
The fundamental goal of the USRI is to give students an opportunity to learn to conduct research. Undergraduate student participants will learn scientific reasoning, research methods, theoretical principles, and scientific communication.
- Give TAMU undergraduate students exposure conducting original research;
- Raise awareness of studies in education, health, and the social sciences.
- Promote interactions with CEHD faculty through immersion in the research environment.
- Send applications to Windy Hollis for Fall and Spring semesters.
- Learn More About The USRI
- Catapult Grant funding supports the development of research, teaching, or outreach focused projects. Projects that address the Quality of Life Transformational Impact Area.
- Learn More About Catapult – Application Due Oct. 24, 2016
Facilities and Administrative Costs
Request for Waiver of Indirect Cost Form
The waiver must include
- The benefit to A&M, state, and/or nation.
- An abstract & budget
- Submission date & pre-award contact
- A percentage of time spent on and off campus, if applicable.
Our office routes proposals after waiver approval, so start this process early.
48.5% for on-campus time
26% for off-campus
- Proposal budgets must include the tuition rates for graduate students.
- Fringe Benefits – 17.8% of salary for faculty/staff and 10.1% for graduate students
- Faculty & staff medical insurance rate is $695/month. Graduate student insurance is $299/month.
- Talk to your department head to determine department costs of buying out of a course.
Post Award Process
Funding approval may take several months. Contact TAMUS Sponsored Research Services (SRS) for approval status. SRS will negotiate the funding and set up an account for your research.
Your departmental financial staff will help you access funds.
Notify Windy Hollis Turner of funding approval.