SEHD Global Education Office
Global Education and Faculty-Led Programs
The SEHD Global Education Office is enthusiastic about supporting student international experiences and the faculty who lead these opportunities. Any faculty members who intend to propose a trip are encouraged to browse the Global Education Faculty Handbook and to email us at SEHDGlobalEd@tamu.edu.
As part of our efforts to facilitate more global education opportunities, the SEHD Global Education Office has chosen to collaborate with the University-wide office, Education Abroad. The SEHD policy is that all trips will now be classified as Faculty-Led Programs. Faculty should submit the required paperwork to our office by the deadlines listed below.
- Fall Term Experiences: October 1
- Spring Term Experiences: February 1
- Summer Term Experiences: May 1
Requirements for Faculty-Led Programs
- More than 50% of course content is taught while abroad
- All trip must have at least 2 faculty leaders
- Trips with >30 students must have 3 faculty leaders
- Trip must have at least 10 students
- Graduate student-only courses need at least 8 students
- Each participating student must submit a reflection paper about the trip
- See attached Student Reflection Guidelines
If you have interest in cultivating a semester-long or year-long abroad experience, please contact us.
Faculty members will need to submit a complete application to the SEHD Global Education Office. A complete application consists of the following:
- Education Abroad forms
- To open these forms, right-click on the link “Education Abroad forms”
- Click “Save link as” and save the form to your desktop
- Then open the form using Adobe Reader
- (If you do not open the form using Adobe Reader, you will be unable to see the contents of the form because of its special formatting.)
- Narrative response to Proposal Evaluation Rubric questions
- Description of any known risks and how they will be addressed
- Draft of your course syllabus
- An itinerary that specifically identifies the educational components of your trip (when, where, what environment, what tools)
- Non-Teaching TAMU Faculty/Staff Form (if applicable)
All application proposals will be evaluated based on the questions in the SEHD Proposal Evaluation Rubric.
In the past, faculty were required to provide certain student information (name, UIN, major, etc) to facilitate student billing. Now that SEHD has partnered with Education Abroad, this is no longer required. Education Abroad will create a student application portal for all approved faculty-led programs, which will collect all necessary student information. Education Abroad will also handle all student billing issues.
If faculty are approached by students asking questions regarding student billing, they may contact their Education Abroad liaison or direct the student to contact Education Abroad themselves. If faculty are approached by students concerned about financial support options for the program, they can direct students to contact us.
Please refer to the withdrawal policy for cancelation dates and more information.
SEHD Global Education Office