The School of Education Research & Development Office (CERD) supports capacity building and success of the research enterprise of the School of Education & Human Development (SEHD). Our office works collaboratively with investigators to prepare high-quality and competitive grant proposals.
Our Grant Priorities
- Proposals ranging from small private foundation grants to large , complex, multi-investigator grant applications for federal agencies such as NIH, NSF, IES, DoD, and other federal agencies.
- Applications related to Dean’s and University initiatives
- Junior faculty writing their first major research project grants, e.g., NIH R01 grants
What we offer
Our services are open to all faculty members within the School of Education & Human Development. Examples of the services we provide include:
- Identify funding opportunities and liaise with funding agencies
- Create proposal submission timeline
- Suggest additional team members to fill gaps in expertise
- Project management for projects ranging from small to large, complex multi-investigator grants
- Proposal development and advice on grantsmanship
- Provide templates and examples of administrative sections (e.g., facilities, human subjects research, etc.)
- Collect letters of support, biosketches, etc.
- Coordinate with VPR, SRS, Dean’s Office, etc.
- Suggest additional team members to fill gaps in expertise
- Edit, revise, and format text and figures; meet page limits
- Analyze proposal critiques
Submit a Proposal
Please send your proposal opportunity (attached files and/or links) to email@example.com. Your Pre-Award Representative will review and confirm eligibility, TAMU’s eligibility, and the proposal deadline. The representative can provide more detailed instructions relevant to individual submissions. As soon as possible, please fill out the Proposal Notification Submission Form. If you have questions about submitting a proposal or the process, please use the email link above to request a meeting in your office based to your availability.
An enterprise-wide system that supports researchers and research administration.
- Provide researchers with timely and accurate information. Manage research activities and establish collaborations.
- Publish research key performance indicators for all TAMUS institutions and Board of Regents.
- Streamline research administration processes to cut inefficiencies and improve turnaround time.
Provides researcher profiles and funding opportunities.
- Pre-populated profiles of public literature databases, university websites, and online CVs.
- Find potential collaborators with the desired expertise.
- PIVOT Instructions
Undergraduate Student Research Initiative
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT RESEARCH INITIATIVE
The fundamental goal of the USRI is to give students an opportunity to learn to conduct research. Undergraduate student participants will learn scientific reasoning, research methods, theoretical principles, and scientific communication.
- Give TAMU undergraduate students exposure conducting original research;
- Raise awareness of studies in education, health, and the social sciences.
- Promote interactions with SEHD faculty through immersion in the research environment.
- To learn more about USRI, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn about past success stories
- Applications are sent out every summer for each USRI cycle.
- Catapult Grant funding supports the development of multi-disciplinary research-, teaching-, or outreach-focused projects that will make a large impact on your discipline, our community and/or our nation.
- To learn more about Catapult Grants, email email@example.com
Facilities & Administrative Costs
If it is necessary to waive Indirect Costs on your proposal, submit a request for Waiver of Indirect Costs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The waiver must include:
- The project’s benefit to A&M, state, and/or nation.
- An abstract & budget
- Submission date & pre-award contact
- A percentage of time spent on and off campus, if applicable.
Proposals are routed after waiver approval, so start this process early.
- Proposal budgets must include tuition and fees for graduate students.
- Standard pay for a graduate student is currently: $1,750/month for a doctoral student and $1,100/month for a masters student.
- Fringe Benefits – 18.8% of salary for faculty/staff and 11.0% for graduate students.
- Medical Insurance – $825/month for faculty/staff and $560/month for graduate students.
- See FAQ page to learn how to budget for a course buy out.
- See the SRS Budget Development page for information and to download the Budget Spreadsheet in Excel
- About Texas A&M University
- University Fact Sheets At a Glance (Rankings, Aggie Life, Academics & Research)
- TAMU Recognitions
- Vision 2020 & the 12 Imperatives
- SEHD At A Glance
- For department specific information please email email@example.com
51.5% for on-campus time 26% for off-campus
(use of the off-campus rate requires VPR approval)
Principal Investigator/Co-Principal Investigator Deadlines
Notify RDO of any potential grant interest and/or particular RFP as soon as you find it.
Complete PI approvals and FCOI compliance for large center grants within one month of deadline.
Submit large center grants or institutional training grants one month before deadline.
For a complete review submit the Proposal Submission Form 3 weeks before the deadline.
Notify department chair of intent to submit and receive approval for course buyout, cost share, or space usage.
Proposals containing sub-awards, unique requirements, or special permissions requests, submit the Proposal Submission Form by this deadline.
Final versions of the budget and proposal materials are due seven business days before the deadline.
Some proposals submitted here may only receive a limited review. They involve a full review of budgetary compliance and confirmation of documents required for submission.
RDO & SRS Deadlines
RDO must submit proposals to SRS 5 business days before deadline. The 5 days include the proposal deadline day.
RDO will serve as liaison between SRS and PI. PI must be accessible to RDO in case of problems or questions during this time.
Proposals will receive authorization from SRS and be submitted to the sponsor.