The following information has been provided with the understanding you are mentoring a TLAC clinical teacher from Texas A&M University.
TLAC clinical teacher placements are for 70 days starting in January (Spring) / August (Fall).
All students are expected to be punctual and to display professionalism in their dress, attitude, and acceptance of responsibilities.
Cooperating teacher qualifications:
- 3+ years teaching experience;
- current Texas teaching certification (in primary certification category of clinical teacher);
- current ESL certification for EC-6, 4-8 ELA/Social Studies and 4-8 Math/Science placements;
- accomplished educator (as shown by student learning);
- willingness to complete cooperating teacher training and report clinical teacher’s progress to supervisor;
- commitment to guide, assist and support clinical teacher in planning/classroom management/instruction/assessment/working with parents/obtaining materials/district policies.
For more information about the cooperating teacher expectations, please refer to the Clinical Teaching Handbook.
- Informal Forms: First Observation | Open-Ended | Example 1 | Example 2 | Example 3
- Formal Observation
- Midpoint/Final Evaluation
Please contact the Field Experiences Office with any questions:
email@example.com or 979.845.8254.