Questions about your degree requirements and courses? Talking with your advisor is the first step.
Our advisors can help you with: Degree requirements, course load and options, transfer requirements, and other general advising information.
BEFORE YOU GO
We strongly encourage you to make an appointment with your advisor if you have any questions or concerns about your degree program. Before you make an appointment, please be aware of the following periods that may result in a longer than normal waiting period:
- The week before classes start,
- The first week of classes (add/drop period),
- Q-drop deadline, and
- Pre-registration period (last 6 weeks leading up to graduation).
Advising by Department
Advisors work with students to give advice on course load, degree plans, electives, where appropriate, course transfer questions, and other general advising information.
How to Prepare For an Advising Appointment
- Know your degree plan.
- Prepare the desired class schedule for pre-registration.
- Have questions ready for an advisor.
- Download and fill out forms before your appointment.
Peak Advising Times
- The week before classes start.
- The first week of classes (add/drop period).
- Q-drop deadline.
- Pre-registration period (last six weeks before graduation).